Confessions of a Hoosier Democrat

Blogging Indiana Politics and the 2008 Presidential Race.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Combating Autism Act


It is with great joy I am telling you that the Combating Autism Act was passed by Congress and sent to the President.

Yesterday, the Congressman Nathan Deal (R-GA-10) asked the House of Representatives to suspend the rules and pass the bill by voice vote. The House did and passed it without objection. The Senate had passed it with a similar voice vote in August.

Tonight I sat down and personally sent messages thanking the sponsors from my state (Rep Mark Souder and Rep Julia Carson) and the primary sponsors of the bill (Sen Rick Santorum and Rep Mary Bono). I also sent a thank you note to Congressman Deal.

I also sent a message to President Bush asking him to quickly and publicly sign the bill to show that autism is indeed a national priority. I ask you to do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home