Confessions of a Hoosier Democrat

Blogging Indiana Politics and the 2008 Presidential Race.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Welcome back...

Yeah I know it's been a long time... I've been tied up with other things and life in general but as the primary season is drawing nearer the political juices are stirred in me once again.

As many of you may know I am supporting Sen Barack Obama for the Democratic nomination. Why? I can actually rather vividly remember the moment I came to conclusion that Sen Obama was the right choice. I was standing in the shower and I was thinking about what is important in a President. And I'm not really talking about issues here. I mean seriously, do any of the candidates really differ that incredibly much from each other issues-wise? So... what does matter?

The ability to lead.
The ability to inspire.
The ability to bring other people to you.

I thought about who was the last person to inspire me... Did I like John Kerry? Sure... how about Al Gore... yeah I liked him too... But they didn't evoke a passion from me... I didn't sit there and think "Wow... this guy's got it." I DO remember thinking that while watching the '92 Convention watching "A Man From Hope." And then I thought... Yeah... it's him. The last time I felt that was was 2004... Barack Obama's Convention speech.

I remember thinking that in Late December/Early January. So when Sen Obama did announce, I was in his corner.

So... that's where I'm coming from... If you don't like what I have to say, feel free to disagree.

1 Comments:

  • At December 11, 2007 7:03 AM, Blogger Matt Brown said…

    I like Edwards, but Obama would be okay. I really don't want to see the Second Coming of the Clintons - too much dynasticism, which we've already been through with the Bushes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home